Meetings & Transparency
Meetings Under the Redistricting Act
Under the Redistricting Act, the Citizen Redistricting Committee must hold a minimum of 12 public meetings: (six meetings prior to the development and publication of the Committee’s proposed district plans and six meetings after the publication of the Committee’s proposed district plans). The committee must hold these meetings in various regions across the state, including in central New Mexico and in each of the four geographic quadrants of the state, with at least one meeting on tribal lands. All meetings are required to allow for virtual attendance and public attendance at each meeting will be permitted under applicable public health orders.
The Committee has adopted rules of procedure for its meetings. Click here to read the rules of procedure.
For in-person attendance at meetings:
Masks are required for those who have not been vaccinated and encouraged for those who have been vaccinated.
You are also encouraged to practice social distancing. Please note that some meetings will require proof of vaccination to attend in-person. If you were vaccinated in NM and need proof of COVID vaccination, here is a link that will give you all of your vaccination records. https://link.edgepilot.com/s/0aa06706/3-YGXqljf0WhSVWVO9TxXw?u=http://www.vaxviewnm.org/
Please be sure to check the “More Info” section for the meeting you would like to attend, as local COVID precautions may vary. Local community policies may require in-person attendees to read and sign a contact-tracing information form and a document stating they understand and will comply with local COVID safety protocols.
Past Meetings and Materials
Record of Public Testimony
1. Chronological Summary of All Public Testimony (1st Round)
2. Chronological Summary of Testimony on Congressional Districts (1st Round)
3. Chronological Summary of Testimony on State House Districts (1st Round)
4. Chronological Summary of Testimony on State Senate Districts (1st Round)
5. Chronological Summary of All Public Testimony (2nd Round)
6. Chronological Summary of Testimony on Congressional Districts (2nd Round)
7. Chronological Summary of Testimony on State House Districts (2nd Round)
8. Chronological Summary of Testimony on State Senate Districts (2nd Round)
9. Chronological Summary of Testimony on Public Education Commission Districts (2nd Round)